Due to factors such as an ageing population and an increased desire to support people to continue living in the community rather than moving into residential or nursing care settings, bids for care at home services are common. Providers looking to offer these services via referrals from social care teams will ordinarily need to be on the relevant framework or dynamic purchasing system (DPS), meaning that a successful tender strategy can be essential for care at home providers to grow their business.
Alongside ‘standard’ care at home services, providers might also bid to provide time-intensive reablement support, services within extra care settings, NHS-funded and commissioned continuing healthcare services and various other models of community-based care and support.
Care at home experience
With a dedicated team of health and social care bid writers, Executive Compass is perfectly placed to write winning care at home tenders. We estimate that we have supported providers to bid successfully for homecare contracts, frameworks or DPSs in almost every local authority area in the UK, including every county council and city council in England, Scotland and Wales. Key successes include:
- Pan-London AQP for domiciliary care – a high-profile and competitive framework; we supported numerous bidders to gain places and subsequently grow their businesses through home care, discharge to access and NHS continuing health care referrals
- Essex County Council – numerous providers supported to gain places on the Live at Home framework
- Leicestershire County Council – a large and complex bid, resulting in award of a place on the highly competitive framework
- West Sussex County Council – a successful submission for the WSCC Care at Home framework, with highly positive evaluation feedback and scoring
- Aberdeen City Council – supporting a complex consortium of private-sector and third-sector bidders to secure sole supplier status across the entire city of Aberdeen
- Glasgow City Council – supporting providers to achieve places on the prestigious Care at Home framework, including securing a rank of 1 or 2 for providers’ chosen categories and service user groups
- Extra care – countless winning submissions for the provision of care and support in extra care housing schemes throughout the UK, including services in the North West, the Midlands and London.
Further contracts we have secured for our clients can be found here.