MBA , MSC, CMGR
- Founder of both the Social Value Practice and Executive Compass Business Consultants which now employs over 20 people.
- Currently studying for a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) with Heriot Watt
- The focus of the research is the barriers and opportunities that the Public Services (Social Value) Act (2012) has created for SMEs bidding for public sector service contracts.
- Professional qualifications include:
- Postgraduate Certificate in Business Research Methods (PgCert)
- Master of Science (MSc)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Certificate in value management
- Trained in SROI techniques
- BSI Lead Auditor
- Over 20 years’ management and leadership experience
- Written in excess of 2,500 tenders for clients in ten years which collectively have generated billions of pounds in revenue for those clients.
- Neil has clients from 2009 who still specifically request his input into their latest tender. This is testament to his knowledge and experience and the respect people have for him.
- Experienced and accomplished bid professional with direct involvement in more than 250 competitive tender processes and significant experience in social value in procurement
- In 2021, with the growing emphasis on social value in tendering, Stephen took on the role of Director of Social Value to provide both strategic and tender writing support for our clients.
- 12 years’ experience as a business-to-business journalist focussing on the construction, engineering, energy and sustainability sectors
- Four years’ experience as a community manager for an online sustainability platform, helping businesses cut costs, reduce risks and drive innovation throughout their supply chains, with a focus on local environmental objectives and delivering benefits to communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Social Value & SROI Accredited Practitioner Training (Social Value UK)
- BSI ‘Implementation of ISO9001:2015 and ISO14001:2015
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
- Chair of one charity (Building Self-Belief CIO) and chief executive of another (B12d) – a thorough understanding of the constraints and regulatory environment surrounding demonstrating “community good”.
- 16 years in NHS, finishing up as Chief Executive of a GP Federation – understand public sector procurement and “public good”
- Business consultant for 12 years, Social Return on Investment and Social Value
- Chair of Association for Project Management (APM)’s Benefits and Value Specific Interest Group, and committee member of North East Branch
- Author of “Social Return on Investment (SROI): A powerful tool for the realisation of benefits” and “A guide to using a benefits management framework”
- PhD in protein chemistry (Dr), Chartered Project Professional (ChPP), Chartered Manager (CMgr), qualified appropriately in these areas
- Fully Accredited Social Value Practitioner, including two reports in the Social Value Report Database