The grounds maintenance sector covers a range of general green space maintenance, working for organisations such as local authorities, housing associations and educational establishments. It aims to deliver high levels of service across a range of properties year-round. Grounds maintenance is also in high demand in the private sector as the clean and attractive appearance of work sites provides a positive first impression to would-be clients.
Operations and services required vary, but typically include:
- Removing weeds
- Planting trees, shrubs and seasonal bedding
- Maintaining horticultural displays, including weeding and pruning
- Hedge cutting
- Maintenance of turfed facilities such as bowling greens, football pitches and golf courses
- Leaf collection
- Soft landscaping
- Snow clearance and grit application.
Contracts for ground maintenance are offered by a range of organisations and are often combined with cleaning requirements or maintenance contracts in full estate management specifications, with others creating their own distinct contract.
Bid writing for grounds maintenance contracts
At Executive Compass, we have completed many grounds maintenance tenders, bidding into client organisations that include:
- Local councils
- NHS trusts
- Schools, academies and universities
- Forestry Commission
- Housing associations and social housing organisations including numerous in the South East for a retained client:
- Watford Community Housing
- Peabody Trust
- Network Housing
- Origin Housing
- Hyde Group