As tender consultants, who provide a high-end service to companies looking for assistance bidding into either the public or private sector, we are sometimes faced with a potential client looking for bid and tender writing services, but who is not satisfied with the quote we have provided.
With this in mind we are reminded of a quote from Red Adair, a world famous oil firefighter:
“If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur.”
All of our bid writers, trainers and auditors strongly identify with this quote. It is particularly applicable in our current market, where many ‘one man bands’ are popping up claiming to be able to offer the same level of service we provide, but at a reduced fee.
We provide services to SMEs and larger companies who are in need of assistance in either securing an important contract for their company, or retaining a contract which may already make up a sizable portion of their annual turnover. This is an incredibly important task, and a great deal of responsibility to place on an external resource, which is why we have tailored, bespoke working practices in order to provide you with the following assurances:
- your submission will be assigned two writers, a primary writer and a second who is available to continue the work should your designated writer fall ill, for example
- we have a bespoke business continuity and IT disaster recovery plan, meaning that short of a biblical catastrophe we will always be able to continue working on your submission and return it to you before the submission date
- we have an independently audited and UKAS ISO9001:2008 certified Quality Management System, which every single one of your submissions is subjected to, ensuring that our responses are of the highest quality, complement the contracting authority’s requirements, and demonstrate added value and innovation regardless of the size of the contract you are bidding for
- we provide all our clients with the option of access to our free Bid Management System – iBid, which securely hosts your tender documents, policies and procedures in the cloud. This also allows you to track the progress of your bid as it is being completed
- we are corporate members of APMP – the association of Proposal Management Professionals, which is a worldwide authority for professionals dedicated to the process of winning business through proposals, bids, tenders and presentations. This also demonstrates that we are a learning organisation, constantly striving to improve our submissions through the application of best practice.
As tender consultants who seek to differentiate ourselves from the amateurs currently in the marketplace, we also believe that you should not outsource such an onerous task to whoever has quoted the lowest price. Seek secure assurances such as those detailed above before you decide to retain a bid specialist. If you are interested in gaining specialist assistance in the public or private sector arena, contact us today to find out how we can help you secure more business.
Latest NewsView All
With only a few weeks left before Christmas, it is crucial to ensure you have sufficient resources in place for any bid and tender submissions falling during the holiday period. With many staff members taking annual l...
Bid and tender submissions can vary in size and word count, ranging from 1,000 words to upwards of 50,000 words. This can depend on a number of factors, including the level of detail required by the buyer, complexity ...
Some clients occasionally conflate or confuse social value and added value when bidding for public sector contracts. We explain their differences, ideas for both topics and how best to respond to them within the tende...