As a PQQ, bid and tender writing consultancy, spanning all industries throughout the UK, we have a wealth of experience in completing PQQs for our clients.
PQQs often ask if applicants have any quality certifications such as an ISO 9001:2015 certified quality management system. When we are approached by our clients to provide impartial advice on who to use to certify their management system, we always stipulate that they should use a UKAS accredited certification body. One of the most important reasons for this is that you might not achieve maximum marks in a PQQ if the certification provided is not UKAS accredited. For example, you may receive 100% of the marks associated with that question if your quality management system is certified by a UKAS accredited awarding body; only 70% for a quality management system that is certified by a non-UKAS accredited awarding body and 50% for a self-certified system.
However, for the first time we have found a contracting authority stipulating that UKAS accreditation is a pre-requisite for quality management certification:
“Does your organisation hold a recognised Quality Management Standard (QMS) certification (e.g. BS/EN/ISO 9001:2000 or service specific equivalent)?
If yes please provide a copy of the certificate using the attachment function.
(Note carefully, XXX will only accept UKAS Accredited Certification http://www.ukas.com/ )
If you work to QMS but do not have a certification, please provide details of any measures that your organisation undertakes to ensure quality, including customer care.”
Apart from making it easier for your company to win new business, UKAS accredited management systems carry a range of benefits, including:
- Facilitating access to international markets since UKAS accredited certificates are recognised throughout the world.
- Helping you to identify best practice since your certification body is required to have appropriate knowledge of your business sector.
- Controlling costs with the help of knowledge transfer since accredited certification bodies can be a good source of impartial advice.
- Offering market differentiation and leadership by showing to others credible evidence of good practice.
- Demonstrating due diligence in the event of legal action.
- Reducing paperwork and increasing efficiency by reducing the necessity to re-audit your business.
As a company we have realised the benefits first hand of having a quality management system certified to ISO 9001:2008 through a UKAS accredited body, as we are one of a very select group of Bid and Tender writing consultancies to have achieved such certification. This has helped to differentiate our service offering from those of our competitors and to reinforce our place as the market leader in our industry.
To win more public and private sector contracts, contact us to do to find out how we can add real value to your submissions.