The Government’s road investment strategy (RIS 1) outlines a long-term programme of investment in the UK’s motorways and major roads to improve the highways network.
Over the course of 2015–2020 the government pledges over £15.2 billion will be channelled into over 100 major schemes across the country. By 2020–21, investment in major new road enhancements is expected to treble. It is therefore anticipated that a substantial volume of contracts and frameworks will be issued across this period.
Our talented team of in-house bid writers are committed to supporting our clients to reap the benefits of upcoming opportunities and stand out against their competitors: we support you by providing high quality tender writing and review services, specific to this industry.
Examples of projects we have previously completed include:
- Kent County Council – road asset renewal contract
- London Borough of Bromley – provision of highways minor reactive works, highways drainage cleaning and winter services
- Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council – minor works term contract
- Highways England – industrial coating services
- Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council – carriageway surfacing term contract.
We have significant experience supporting specialist contractors to win contracts and secure places on local and national frameworks within the highways industry. This includes working with clients who deliver a range of services such as:
- Road planning
- Road surfacing
- Hardscaping e.g. laying of kerb layers, block pavers, ironwork
- Drainage schemes, including forensic drainage investigations
- Traffic management, including temporary traffic diversions and crossovers
- Road markings
- High friction surfacing
- Road cleaning
- Ground improvement and formation treatment
In recent years, Highways England overhauled its procurement strategy with a shift towards splitting contracts between four regions of the UK. Companies must now bid separately for contracts related to design, maintenance, specialist services, incident response and capital project delivery. It is essential that bidders adapt to these changes to ensure they remain competitive in an increasingly complex and varied market.
This is where Executive Compass comes in – through nearly 10 years’ experience working on projects in the highways industry, we can advise you on which contracts to bid for, alert you to new opportunities, and help you demonstrate added value, and innovation in your tender.
Benefits delivered by Executive Compass
Drawing upon the expertise of our skilled bid writers will lead to:
- Increased chance of success – we currently have a success rate in excess of 80% across all tenders completed.
- Positive relationships – a dedicated writer will work with you on a one-to-one basis to really get to know your company and what makes it special. This also ensures good communication, which is key to the creation of a successful submission.
- Specialist knowledge – many of our bid writers specialise in certain areas, for example, two members of the team are currently NEBOSH qualified and can support you in developing cutting-edge health and safety responses for your highways tenders.
- Ongoing support – your bid writer will remain a key point of contact long after your tender has been submitted, providing guidance, and advice on additional opportunities you can bid for.