Have you ever wondered if you have the right transferable skills needed to join our organisation? Then take our writing test and find out if you are suited to a role as a professional bid writer.
- The test will be emailed to you at an agreed time and must be completed and returned within four hours
- A bespoke format has been developed over the last 10 years, based on genuine ITT or PQQ questions, and is deliberately challenging
- Topics covered could be from any sector or discipline of our choosing, however we do provide you with relevant information needed to write the response, and you are free to conduct your own wider research during the test
- Previous applicants (including most of our current team!) have described it as incredibly tough, mentally tiring, and utterly intense – you have been warned!
- To take the test, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state your preferred date and time (evenings and/or weekends are permitted) that you would like to receive the test paper
- Please provide at least 72 hours’ notice and remember you will have a strict four hours to complete the test
- Constructive feedback and advice on your suitability for a career as a bid writer will be given to all those who complete the test, with successful candidates invited for interview
As a Bid Writer, you will support your clients by preparing compelling, persuasive and compliant bids across a diverse range of industries and sectors throughout the UK. Working in a fast paced environment, you will be required to complete multiple projects at once so strong organisation skills together with excellent attention to detail and an ability to work well under pressure is essential.
- Provide technical and commercial writing skills, displaying creative flair in tender submissions
- Project manage the bid process end to end on own initiative in a pressured. deadline-driven environment
- Objectively appraise tender submissions and complete internal quality assurance checks
- Manage client relationships and maintain existing individual bid libraries
- Support and guidance to other writers and internal stakeholders on preparing written documents and presentations
- Review successful and unsuccessful submissions, feedback and lessons learned to promote continuous improvement
- Become involved in all aspects of the business, including strategy, sales, business development and quality management
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A business qualification would be advantageous
- Proven track record in delivering bids and proposal management
- Outstanding writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in a busy, continually pressured bid writing environment
- Sound commercial business understanding and risk awareness
- Excellent project and client management skills
- Able to write business-winning narrative quickly and to a deadline
- Show high levels of commitment and initiative to ensure winning submissions
- Confident with working unsupervised
Contact us for more information or send a CV to email@example.com
Latest NewsView All
2023 has brought record sales, promotion for several members of the team and sustained business expansion for Executive Compass. We reflect on a year of growth, development and continuous success for our clients in ou...
With only a few weeks left before Christmas, it is crucial to ensure you have sufficient resources in place for any bid and tender submissions falling during the holiday period. With many staff members taking annual l...
Bid and tender submissions can vary in size and word count, ranging from 1,000 words to upwards of 50,000 words. This can depend on a number of factors, including the level of detail required by the buyer, complexity ...