- You will support the existing technical editor in reviewing the material produced by our team of bid writers to ensure we retain our current success rate
- Each day our bid writers create between 30,000 and 35,000 words of bid narrative
- Each piece must be checked to ensure compliance with the tender specification, legal requirements, best practice, specific industry standards, in-house guidelines, and customer requirements, as well as coherence and quality of writing
- This demanding role requires someone who has significant experience in bid writing, bid evaluation and/or reviewing across a very wide range of industries
- The successful candidate must be highly literate with exceptional attention to detail and must be able to concentrate for long periods of time
- They will also need good communication skills and be able to articulate their comments and ideas to writers
Note: Proofreading does not form part of the duties. The role focuses on quality of content, specification compliance and coherence etc. and so proofreading is undertaken at a separate stage by a different individual.
Our head office is based in Newcastle, with UK-wide remote/home working as an option.
Key Sector/Operational Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have previously been involved in bid writing, bid evaluation or business writing, and have knowledge of the public sector procurement process. Ideally, you will have significant experience of industry, usually 10+ years, hold a business management qualification, and have a detailed knowledge of business processes and systems across a very wide range of sectors and topics such as:
- Recruitment and staffing
- Customer service
- Quality management
- Health & Safety
- Business continuity
- Environment and sustainability
- CDM(2015) Regulations
- Social value
- Reviewing all content and working with individual bid writers to drive forward quality
- Liaising with bid writers and the bid manager to agree scheduling of reviews
- Working with the technical manager to identify skill gaps and appropriate training to improve individual and organisational success rates
- Supporting writers to generate answer plans, storyboards and win themes
- Acting as coach and mentor to writers
- Analysing all evaluation feedback and developing improvement strategies
- Maintaining and reporting on all writing KPI statistics
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ideally the candidate will hold a business and management qualification
- Detailed knowledge of procurement and tendering processes and procedures within the public and private sector
- Previously worked in a bidding environment or perhaps worked as an evaluator for a public sector body
- Knowledge of the Public Sector Contract Regulations would be advantageous
- The recruitment process will consist of an aptitude test, and two face-to-face interviews
Latest NewsView All
With only a few weeks left before Christmas, it is crucial to ensure you have sufficient resources in place for any bid and tender submissions falling during the holiday period. With many staff members taking annual l...
Bid and tender submissions can vary in size and word count, ranging from 1,000 words to upwards of 50,000 words. This can depend on a number of factors, including the level of detail required by the buyer, complexity ...
Some clients occasionally conflate or confuse social value and added value when bidding for public sector contracts. We explain their differences, ideas for both topics and how best to respond to them within the tende...