Completing a pre qualification questionnaire correctly is very important and much like bids there are basic rules of thumb when completing them.
10 Steps to Help you Improve
- Read through your pre qualification questionnaire very carefully before completing it.There will be important information about how to present it, what font to use, how to answer etc. To make sure of completing the pre qualification questionnaire properly you must read through it first!!
- Never be dishonest when completing a pre qualification questionnaire. You may go through to the tender stage and your falsehood may even remain undetected until contract award. However, once discovered you may well lose the contract.
- If you do not understand something when completing the pre qualification questionnaire, ask for clarification. All pre qualification questionnaire have a process in place for clarification, usually via e-mail. Be careful though because sometimes they have a cut off date whereby you cannot ask after a certain date. This provides yet another reason when completing a pre qualification questionnaire, to complete it in plenty of time. Remember though that if you ask a question both the question and the answer will be circulated to all those submitting that particular pre qualification questionnaire.
- Make sure that you submit and complete the pre qualification questionnaire in the correct format. There are assortments of formats that are usually requested: electronically via e-mail, printed copies, on to disc, or via an e-portal. Sometimes three at once!
- Make certain all your information is at hand before you begin completing a pre qualification questionnaire. You could potentially forget to return to a section and complete it.
- Completing a pre qualification questionnaire takes time, more often than not, quite a bit of time. Please make sure you allow yourself adequate time.
- Never submit a pre qualification questionnaire late. Should you proffer your pre qualification questionnaire too late you will be expelled from the evaluation process. So, when completing a pre qualification questionnaire do not under any circumstances be late!
- Don’t omit any sections when completing your pre qualification questionnaire. By not answering all of the questions it will result in you being deemed “non compliant” and your pre qualification questionnaire will excluded from evaluation.
- Always include any policies that are needed. A widespread cause for completing a pre qualification questionnaire incorrectly is neglecting to include relevant policies. Things like; H&S and sustainability policies are often forgotten about. Do not worry if you do not have any, we can write them for you when we are completing your pre qualification questionnaire.
- Completing a pre qualification questionnaire can sometimes feel like an uphill struggle. If there is more than one person completing a pre qualification questionnaire make sure at least one of them is acting a project manager, that way there is less chance of something not getting done.
Completing a pre qualification questionnaire can be stretching and there are sometimes sections within the pre qualification questionnaire which make completing it difficult. However if you come to a professional pre qualification questionnaire writing service such as ours we will be completing a pre qualification questionnaire for you, while you get on with running your business.
To speak to someone about our bid and tender writing services call us free on 0800 612 5563.
For more advice watch this video below:
Latest NewsView All
For some tender opportunities, an interview is the final hurdle to overcome before being awarded a contract. Your tender submission has met the requisite standards, and it’s now time…
The importance of giving precise information in your tender submission cannot be understated. The buyer, whoever they may be, requires reassurance regarding your competence to deliver the services you…
Bid writing and preparing tenders is always to some extent a collaboration. As bid writers, we work closely with clients to tailor unique responses, using interviews to include specific…